Last updated: 19 July 2017
2. When does this policy apply?You agree that this policy will apply when you access or use our website at https://www.govchain.co.za.
3. Legally binding contractThis policy will apply to you, and will create a legally binding contract between us, whenever you use or access our website.
4. Other applicable termsThere are also website terms at https://www.govchain.co.za/legal on our website that apply to your use of our website. Additional terms may also apply for specific products or services or subscriptions available through our website ("Commercial Terms"). If there is a conflict between these terms and the Commercial Terms, the Commercial Terms will apply.
5. Changes to this policyUnless notice is required in terms of the law, we may change the terms of this policy from time to time in line with any changes that the law or our internal business operations require, without prior notice. The current version of this policy that applies each time you visit and/or use our website will regulate our relationship. It is your responsibility to consider the policy each time you use our website. If you do not agree with any terms of this policy, you must stop using our website.
6. Our commitmentThis policy is important to us. We are committed to taking steps to protect your privacy when you use our website and implementing business practices that comply with all relevant legislation, including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 ("POPI"). In this policy, we explain how we will use and protect your personal information.
7. What is personal information?If we refer to "personal information" or "information" in this policy, we mean personal information as defined in POPI. It includes, for example, your full name, surname, email address, identity number, contact details, and location.
8. Collecting your personal informationWe collect information about you when you use our website and communicate with us. We may also collect information about you from third parties.
10. Links on our websiteOur website may include links to other apps or third party websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these websites or apps, but we display these links to make it easier for our visitors to find information about specific subjects.
11. Use of your informationWe use your information to provide our website and services to you and generally for purposes of our relationship.
12. Information that we store and useWe generally store and use the following information: your first name(s), surname, address, phone numbers, email address, IP address or cookie information, location information, demographic information including your age and gender, health-related information, and any other information which we reasonably need to perform our obligations in terms of the agreement with you when you purchase or use our services. Third parties, such as payment gateways, may collect your payment details via our website to ensure that you transact securely with us. Only the payment gateway will store these details.
13. Purposes for processing informationWe will only process adequate and relevant information to:
- Perform in terms of our agreement.
- Operate and manage your account.
- Monitor and analyse our business.
- Contact you by email, sms, or other means to tell you about our products and services (you can always opt out from future marketing).
- Form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products that may interest you.
- Carry out market research, business and statistical analysis.
- Carry out audits.
- Perform other administrative and operational tasks like testing our processes and systems.
- Comply with our regulatory or other obligations.
14. Right to objectYou may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its use.
15. Lodging a complaintIf you believe we are using your information unlawfully, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator with the following contact details:
- Website: http://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html.
- Address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria.
- Contact number: 012 406 4818.
- Fax number: 086 500 3351.
- Email: [email protected].