Engineering | Cape Town (Remote) | Full-time
Govchain is looking for skilled Backend developer to join our development team. You'll be using your technical knowledge to solve real customer problems on a product used by thousands of South African entrepreneurs.
When someone with an idea wants to turn that idea into a formal business, they need to overcome a bunch of paperwork. Reducing bureaucratic friction would see more new ideas make it to the formal economy.
We’re excited about the possibility of creating bootable companies. A company that can be spun up in an instant and stay compliant with local regulations. All administrative regulatory burden abstracted from the user.
Our mission is to reduce the complexity of starting a company to a single click. And we’d like your help.
What you'll be doing
- Writing back-end code and presenting it as a beautiful API for our frontend team.
- Craft well-tested, beautiful and fast code in Python.
- Fix bugs fast and take your time to solve hard problems well.
- Keeping the end user the primary focus in all your decisions.
- Writing tests before you write code.
- Automate all the things.
What you should have
- 2+ years practical coding experience.
- 1+ years experience with Python.
- 1+ years experience with Django.
- Selenium experience is a bonus.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with specs, able to estimate & meet deadlines.
- Able to work remotely with periodic meetups & workdays.
- Technical founders with a bunch of dev experience.
- Competitive salary with room to grow in a fast-paced start-up.
- Flexible work hours and a great working environment.
- Regular performance reviews - we value hard work.
- Flexible vacations and holidays - take time off when you need it.