The most successful marketing strategies in 2022
So you've registered your company and don’t know how to get customers. Then it's time to decide on a marketing strategy.
What is a marketing strategy?
A marketing strategy is a way of getting new customers for your business. Before you look at the top strategies below, think of answers to these two questions.
- Who does my company help?
- How can I find these people?
Once you are have these answers. Continue reading below.
The top marketing strategies being used in 2022.
Social media marketing
Social media has become an effective tool at reaching people. If you've used Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or Twitter it should be easy for you to get started with social media marketing.
Email marketing is a cheap and effective way to reach people. Start by asking friends and family if you can send them email updates about your company. Make the emails personal and interesting. Once you have a couple of email addresses create your first email marketing campaign.
Getting friends, family and customers to promote your business in exchange for a reward or discount is a great way to reach new potential customers.
It can take some time to get the right affiliate but it’s definitely worth looking into as a good affiliate marketing strategy can benefit your business in several ways.
Network marketing is quite similar to affiliate marketing as third parties advertise your products and services on your behalf, except entire teams will handle all of your marketing and sales on your behalf, and not an individual. We consider network marketing an advanced strategy and wouldn't recommend it for new companies. If you want to learn more, see our introduction to network marketing guide.
Pros and Cons of each strategy
Social Media Marketing
- It can be cost-effective if used correctly.
- Organic growth potential.
- Quick and easy way to reach potential customers on a daily basis.
- Can be expensive if used incorrectly.
- Using the wrong influencers can give a business a bad name.
- Difficult to post quality / engaging content on a daily basis.
- Easily update your customers via email.
- You can send emails to specific target audiences.
- Only pay for the emails you send.
- Costly if emails are sent to a large contact list.
- Spam filters can block your emails or newsletters.
- Emails won't be viewable if they aren't set up for different devices.
- Reach a wider audience through online channels and word of mouth.
- Only pay when you get a sale.
- Affiliates can create marketing material on your behalf.
- Affiliate marketers can provide false information regarding your services or products.
- Difficult to track affiliates' sales without additional software.
- Only pay commission when your business gets sales.
- Entire teams handle your marketing on your behalf.
- Wide audience reach through online marketing and word of mouth.
- Often mistaken for pyramid schemes.
- Training can take a lot of time and resources.
Not sure where to start? Why not jump in by creating your marketing plan.