3 common questions about company registration
Is this your first time registering a company? We’ve put together some of the most commonly asked questions.
1. What is required to register a company in South Africa?
- A government issued ID or foreign passport*
- Email address and local mobile number
- A company name and some variation in-case it isn’t available.
- Address for the company
*Foreign persons may own and be directors of South African companies. No additional permits are required.
2. How long does it take?
3 - 5 days
3. What is included in the registration?
- Reserved company name
- Company registration number (similar to a personal ID number)
- Tax Registration Number
- Registration / disclosure certificate - COR14.3
- Notice of incorporation - COR14.1
- Notice of incorporation - Initial directors - COR14.1A
- Memorandum of incorporation - COR15.1A
Some optional extras can be requested:
- B-BBEE affidavit
- Tax clearance certificate (requested from SARS)
- Business bank account