React JS Developer
Engineering | Cape Town (Remote) | Full-time
Govchain is looking for skilled React JS developer to join our development team. You'll be using your technical knowledge to solve real customer problems on a product used by thousands of South African entrepreneurs.
When someone with an idea wants to turn that idea into a formal business, they need to overcome a bunch of paperwork. Reducing bureaucratic friction would see more new ideas make it to the formal economy.
We’re excited about the possibility of creating bootable companies. A company that can be spun up in an instant and stay compliant with local regulations. All administrative regulatory burden abstracted from the user.
Our mission is to reduce the complexity of starting a company to a single click. And we’d like your help.
What you'll be doing
- Building slick customer-facing software to solve real problems for thousands of entrepreneurs.
- Using our React stack to integrate with our python/django backend.
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well.
- Keeping the end user as the primary focus in all your decisions.
- Working with customer support to identify opportunities to better the user experience.
What you should have
- 1+ years experience with React.
- Experience with testing frameworks (Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library).
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with specs, able to estimate & meet deadlines.
- Able to work remotely with periodic meetups & workdays.
- Strong UX skills and an interest in sweating the small stuff (bonus).
- Technical founders with a bunch of dev experience.
- Competitive salary with room to grow in a fast-paced start-up.
- Flexible work hours and a great working environment.
- Regular performance reviews - we value hard work.
- Flexible vacations and holidays - take time off when you need it.