Design | Cape Town (Remote) | Full-time | R20K - R50K PM
Govchain is looking for skilled product designer to join our team. You'll be using your design skills to craft solutions to real customer problems on a product used by thousands of South African entrepreneurs.
When someone with an idea wants to turn that idea into a formal business, they need to overcome a bunch of paperwork. Reducing bureaucratic friction would see more new ideas make it to the formal economy.
We’re excited about the possibility of creating bootable companies. A company that can be spun up in an instant and stay compliant with local regulations. All administrative regulatory burden abstracted from the user.
Our mission is to reduce the complexity of starting a company to a single click. And we’d like your help.
What you'll be doing
- Solving interesting design problems from start to finish.
- Building new products and features, designing the workflows and interactions required to make them a reality
- Working closely with the engineering team to ensure the implementation and user experience are of high quality.
- Keeping the end user as the primary focus in all your decisions.
- Working with customers and our customer support to identify opportunities to better the user experience.
What you should have
- 2+ years experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites.
- A strong portfolio or examples of your previous work that showcase your craft.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- An understanding of the entire product development process.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to work remotely with periodic meetups & workdays.
- Technical founders with a bunch of product dev experience.
- Competetive salary with room to grow in a fast-paced start-up.
- Flexible work hours and a great working environment.
- Regular performance reviews - we value hard work.
- Flexible vacations and holidays - take time off when you need it.